Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 27, 2009- An Image to Concentrate on It

You all may know already that the most important celebration for me is December 31st and that is the reason why my office is closed on the last week of the year. It represents the end of a cycle with the seed of the new.
I take time during the year's last week, to reflect on what was accomplished, what did not work, what needs change, and how to go about it. It is a time for self-reflection, and increased focus and concentration.

In previous entries, I made reference to exercises you can practice on your own time to increase focus and concentration.This time I want to share with you an image to use for that purpose, if you so choose.




Sit comfortable with the image in front of you or on your lap.
Focus your gaze on the yellow flower center.
Breath deep through the nose and exhanle through the nose.
Keep the mind in check by paying attention to your breathing
while you continue looking at the yellow center.
Begin with one minute to three minutes.
What is the general feeling you have once done? ....
Share with the group if you'd like.

2 comments:

  1. Some feelings and ideas that come to mind - Unity. Warmth. Action. Continuity. Fluidity. Movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A calm center inside a little bit of chaos. I enjoy seeing this image.

    ReplyDelete